Sunday, May 18, 2014

"Kitchen my friend!!"

Another great weekend.  I love when I'm exhausted on a Sunday night because we had a fun and productive weekend and I'm happy (as opposed to being exhausted because I'm emotionally or physically drained).

Before I lose these photos, I have a few from the playground from this past Tuesday.  I took the day off to stay with the boys because Natalie had a final exam and needed the day off.  We had a great day together.  I can't wait to have many more adventures with them this summer!  Only a few more weeks until I'm out of school...

Adrian had a blast playing peek-a-boo out the "ship's" window.


Then he drove the boat.


Bastian played peek-a-boo with me, too.


We stayed at the playground almost 45 minutes this time because there was hardly anyone there.  It's nice when they can run around as much as they want without worrying that they are going to crash into someone or something.


Now for the weekend.  We skipped music class...couldn't help it.  We headed to the South Shore Plaza to let the boys run wild.  It was particularly early so there was almost no one but the cleaning crew there.  After they ran the mall once, we went to the play area.  It's pretty crappy (and I'm skeeved out by the idea of these play areas, but I got over it just this once), but the boys didn't seem to care.



In the afternoon, we pulled out every water toy we have.  The boys were in heaven.  It was almost 80 degrees, so it was perfect weather for the boys to get wet.  First they played at the water table.  Then, Carlos was hosing down the porch and all the furniture, so he pulled out their old infant turtle pool (which was in the porch).  We put some water in it and added the slide...the boys went up and down that slide into the water about 100 times!












Then we put out the Winnie the Pooh sprinkler from Kitchen.  They loved that too.  Sebastian was daring and ran into it a few times to try to pick Pooh up.




Today we went to see Kitchen and Tia Carol at their house.  The boys had so much fun playing with Kitchen and with Kitchen's trucks!


Then we took a walk to a nearby park and playground.  It was just over the bridge from their house: Moseley Woods.


There was this great, shaded playground at the entrance with 3 awesome slides.


 The boys started off on the small slide...





But then moved on to the big ones...






 Then we went to see if we could see turtles, frogs, ducks, and other animals at Kitchen's secret pond.  We saw a turtle, but couldn't get too close because it was on the other side of the pond.




After the Woods, we went back to the house and had a delicious lunch of salad, meatballs subs, honey chicken curry, fresh fruit, and all sorts of desserts.  I went off diet for the french bread and the desserts--couldn't help myself.

Kitchen let Sebastian take a truck home with him, and Sebastian wouldn't put it down all afternoon.  In fact, he fell asleep with it in his hands in the car on the way home.

Here is Sebastian saying thank you to Kitchen for the truck.

At one point in the afternoon, Sebastian was kneeling at his table, and, out of the blue, he declared, "Kitchen (is) my friend!"  It warmed my heart...he was so full of joy when he said it.


We are so thankful for Tia Carol and Kitchen--they are so good to us!

No comments: