Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend and Happy Birthday, Grumpy!

First off, I made Paleo Chocolate Chip cookies the other day that were delicious.  Even the boys ate them (at least when they were warm.  The next day they ate the chips and spit the rest out.).  I'd make these again (recipe here).  Next time I'm going to replace the coconut with oatmeal and just see what happens.



Saturday there was no music class so we didn't even have to feel bad about skipping it. :-)  We picked up some stuff at Target and then headed to the Salvation Army in Bridgewater for their monthly 50% off sale.  I picked up a Melissa & Doug latch board for just a few bucks.  It was in good shape.  Also found some books and some clothes, but didn't buy much.


 In the afternoon, I was alone with the boys so we checked out a new (to us) playground in Easton.  They boys loved it, but it was FILTHY, and there were other people there that were super NACO.  (means tacky or kind of like "redneck" in Mexico)  So we left and went to Hansen's Farm to see the animals and have ice cream.  The boys were really good.  There was one moment, though, when Adrian started to run away, and I yelled out his name.  A cow let out a really really loud "MOOOOOOOOOO" as if to help me--she was, in fact, watching the whole scene unfold--and it scared the boys.  She totally yelled at Adrian for me, and it worked!  I have never loved a cow more, even though she was covered in cow poop and flies.  Poor cow.






After the animals, we had frappes.  I had coffee and the boys shared an oreo cookie frappe.  They *LOVED* it.  Sorry for the extreme amount of pictures of the same things.  I love their expressions in ALL of them.










Apparently the cold in ice cream makes Adi close one eye as he drinks it....





The sugar in the ice cream at 4pm wound them all up and they were awful for me at bedtime.  They are usually pretty good, especially when I'm alone, so it always throws me when they are bad.  They just wanted to run and scream and splash bath water all over...But when they went down, they were fine and slept immediately.

Today is Grumpy's birthday so we invited him over after nap time.  He went with us to Borderland State Park in Easton to try to tire out the boys.  First we went to see the "agua."  They were fascinated with it and didn't want to leave.










 I love how the sky is reflected in the water in this photo.  It was a gorgeous afternoon.



After looking at the agua, we played ball for a bit under the trees by the mansion.





Then we went home and we cooked grilled salmon and cauliflower and a salad (with homegrown greens) for my dad.  

I'm pooped, and glad to have tomorrow off, too!  

No comments: