Saturday, January 14, 2012

Four hours of screaming

Sebastian looks cute.  He IS cute.  He may even fool you into thinking he's a sweet little boy--I mean, look at his curl!

But make no mistake, he's got a temper and can scream louder than I ever thought possible for a 6 pound 3 ounce baby.  Last night, we heard the whole range of his vocal ability.  For four whole hours.

Carlos fed him 130ML...the most he's ever eaten in one sitting...at around 8pm.  He took it greedily, as if he'd never eat again. He burped, farted, burped, and farted again, but apparently, some of that plentiful gas remained trapped in that little tummy of his.  He fussed and fussed and fussed some more.  I was convinced it was gas and Carlos thought he just was hungry and needed to eat more.  It was Carlos's "turn" to take care of Sebastian so that I could sleep a little (yeah right), so I didn't want to step in too much and interfere.  That would be shooting myself in the foot for many reasons.  Besides, Carlos is usually perfectly capable.  But last night, even his magical "sexy voice" wasn't enough to get rid of Sebastian's tummy troubles. He couldn't get stubborn Sebastian to burp.

Finally, around midnight, he burped and spit up a bit and then settled down. (Sebastian, that is.  Not Carlos.)  Thank God, after that burp, Sebastian was good for me the rest of the night.  He must have exhausted himself crying so much!

Today, I ordered two Miracle swaddling blankets today from Amazon, just in case.  I'm taking no chances now.  I'm going to feed him, change him, burp him, swaddle him, and shush him like no body's business!

No comments: