Sunday, January 8, 2012

Monkeying around

Not much news to report except that Carlos and I are sleep deprived, but doing fine.  I went to see Adrian today, and it made me sad.  The nurse (not one of his regular nurses) said that he was fussy when he was hungry because he wants a bottle or a boob--not a feeding tube.  Fingers crossed he's maturing as I write.  I hope he'll be so glad to have a nipple of some kind in his mouth in a week and a half that he'll miraculously figure out how to coordinate his sucking, swallowing, and breathing.

In the meantime, here are some pictures.

Wish it weren't blurry.  Taken with my iPhone.  But I love the face...

During the day, I played dress up a little with Sebastian.  I put on his monkey outfit from my cousin Nancy.  However, the top had short sleeves, so I put on a little sweater from my downstairs neighbor.  I wanted to take pictures of him wearing it to show her. He was not happy to be the object of my clumsy dressing skills.
His pants are literally "in a bunch."  Oops.






My mom came for the day on Saturday to bring Lexi up to be groomed.  Once the dog looked and smelled nice, we tried to introduce her (for the second time) to Sebastian.  She was fine when she could approach and sniff him.  But when we were changing him or he was somewhere she couldn't check him out, she howled or barked.  In a way, this is good--she's already looking out for him?!  But we can't have her barking every time he cries or is somewhere she can't stick her wet beard all up in his business.

On Saturday, my mom also went to the hospital with Carlos and held Adrian for the first time.  Hard to believe this was her first time holding him after all this time!!  We didn't have visitors at the hospital for a long time while the boys were learning how to breast feed and we only had a short time frame each day with them to do it.








For some reason when I look at Adrian's hand, I imagine him trying to figure out how to stick up just his middle finger at the camera.  Like he knows that he wants to do but doesn't have the motor skills to do it yet...

And here he is in his Greek philosopher pose again.  He seems to like posing like an Ancient Greek dude.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I love your blog Amy, I'm still trying to catch up. I miss you guys, and can't wait to see you. I'm glad the boys continue doing well, and getting bigger; and mom and dad are finding their way around parenthood. Love you!!!!