Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Adventures

The boys and I haven't wasted much time this summer! To be honest, the days seem really long when I'm alone with them.  None of us can stand being cooped up in the house all day because of the heat or humidity or the rain or whatever--we need to get a change of scenery.  Unfortunately, most of the time, a change of scenery involves spending some money or using some gas to go somewhere.  But I feel good when we are busy and can fill our days doing stuff that exposes the boys to new things.

I found this Cars chair at the Multiples store last week for $8.  I got it for them so they could read in it (and watch TV in it when I finally allow them to sit in front of the screen).  Adrian parked himself in it one day and read books to himself.  Glad he's enjoying it!







One afternoon, I took the boys to Keach Park in Easton.  It's a brand new playground that just opened in April 2013.  The nice thing is that this is the only play structure, and it's for kids 2-5.  So the boys won't get run over by bigger kids trying to play on it.  We were the only ones there.  It was in a beautiful, but secluded area of Easton with lots of farmland.  It was actually a little creepy to be so far out in the boonies all by ourselves.  I expected more people to be there.  We only stayed a few minutes because it was hard to watch them by myself--the structure is probably still just a tad to complicated for them.  But it's good to know where this is.  We'll be back someday soon (with Carlos).







Another afternoon I took the boys to Wines & More in Mansfield.  I walked out with 4 six packs of craft beer...I felt like an great mother coming out of there with my boys in tow.  Anyway, they were a big hit with the workers there.

Today, we met Michelle, Abby, and Luke at the Imagination Station in Plymouth.  I love hanging out with her and her kids and having playdates.  But after about an hour I couldn't stand the place anymore.  It was too crowded, and I couldn't stand the other mothers and kids.  Luckily all the kids were hungry and by 11:30 we were at Panera eating lunch.  The boys didn't nap enough and were fussy the rest of the afternoon, but it was totally worth it to spend some time with Michelle and her kids.




The shopping cart was probably both boys' favorite toy at this place....all the pictures I took of them with the carts were blurry because they were running everywhere with them!


Tomorrow is Friday...we have an 8:45 pediatrician appointment to recheck Adrian's ears and make sure his ear infection has cleared up.  Then we have a guy coming to see if he can repair our downstairs fridge/freezer.  I opened up the freezer the other day and it was not cold...I had to throw out over $50 worth of food: a full BJ's sized box of Bubba burgers, a few pounds of sirloin steak, a box of Alexa onion rings, some frozen strawberries, a BJ's pack of hotdog rolls...what a shame.  I was so pissed.  Hopefully the fridge and freezer can be fixed without investing too much money into it.

I'm enjoying all the fun things I'm getting to do with the boys!!

No comments: