Sunday, July 28, 2013

Little House Project

We're finally back from Mexico, and I have SO MUCH to catch up on that I'm going to be playing catch up for days.  But before I report on the trip, I wanted to include some pictures from a project I did before we left.  It took me only about an hour or two one morning when the boy were at daycare.  I painted the back of the built-ins a coral color to go with the accessories in the room.  Thinking about it now, I sort of wish I'd just painted some cardboard or posterboard cut to fit the back of the built-ins so that the wood wasn't actually painted this funky color.  But too late now.  At least I like how it turned out!

First I taped off the edges with painter's tape.  That was the worst part.  I hate detailed prep work.




Here it is after the first coat.



And here it is finished...


Now, I have to actually find stuff that I want to put in the built-ins!  This was all the stuff that was there before which probably won't stay.  I might use the shelves for my alebrije collection?






Not a huge project, but something I've been wanting to do for a while is finally checked off the list!  It felt good!

No comments: