Saturday, July 6, 2013

Everybody in the Pool!!

Yesterday and today, we spent the afternoon at my mother's pool.  Good times were had by all!

Yesterday, my brother and sister-in-law went to my mom's house with Baby James.  He's now almost 2 months old, and he's adorable!!!  I'm not sure they want pictures of him all over my blog, so I'm not posting them (at least for now!), but, boy, is he a cutie!  He made little baby grunts when he was eating, and he felt so light on my shoulder compared to my two cavemen.  It made me miss that infant stage when all they do is sleep, eat, and poop.

Adrian and Sebastian had fun visiting the Piggy statue again.  Sebastian oinked at him, and both boys kissed the statue when they left him.  Sebastian repeatedly yelled "Bye bye!!" at him.  I think we're going to name the statue Stanley.  Somehow it just looks like a Stan.

Left to right: Tio Jim, Puppy, Adrian, Ernest, Sebastian


I thought the boys would be afraid of the pool, but they absolutely loved it.  They kicked and splashed and couldn't get enough.  They liked it so much that I went home and immediately ordered ear plugs and the Band-It headband thingy that keeps the ear plugs in.  (They can't get their ears wet with tubes...pain in the @$$!)  So when they come next week, hopefully we'll go back to Mugie's pool and have even more fun because we won't have to worry about water in their ears!



Here is a video of them splish-splashing in the water!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8C8Kg8Vk58&feature=youtu.be


This morning we went to Brianna's for breakfast.  The boys were good and enjoyed their yogurt, french toast, and home fries!  Mugie joined us.



After breakfast, we came home and played.  Adrian colored this work of art with his crayons.  He is so particular and meticulous!  He knows which end of the crayon to use, and he is very deliberate about switching colors and using all the parts of the sheet.  He even varies between heavy handedness, light strokes, and dotting.  It's too funny to watch!  Sebastian colored too, but was ultimately more interested in destroying the piece of paper than coloring on it.  Oh well.





 Sebastian looked on as Adrian was drawing as if to say, "Why are you wasting your time with that?"



Sebastian woke up from his nap before Adrian, so we played around in the guest bedroom with some of Papi's hats.



He also read my Everyday Food magazine.  He was sure to point out all the dishes he wanted me to make him.





 After naps we went back to my mom's to swim.  This time, we all had our bathing suits on and all went in the pool.  My dad was there too.  I didn't get any pictures, but we walked around the shallow end with the boys in our arms.  They liked it, but seemingly less than yesterday when we were just sitting on the steps holding them.

After dinner, Adrian tried out his "new" Magna Doodle ($1 at a yard sale).  He loved it and couldn't put it down.  He was even Magna Doodling and driving...shame on him.



It's SO MUCH FUN with them lately.  They really GET stuff now!  They communicate so much better, and you can ask them questions.  They make signs, they say words, they listen to stories and look at the pictures, they point to things when you ask....it's great.  We read books tonight before bed (we always do), and this was the first night were I had Adrian's attention for the length of the entire book, and he laughed at my voices and the appropriate parts.  It was nice to see him respond that way!

The other day Sebastian brought the Skip to My Lou book to Carlos for him to read it.  It's a story that you sing to the tune of that song, and it's about farm animals invading a house and making a mess when the parents are gone.  Carlos couldn't quite pull off the song in English, and Sebastian looked at him like there was something wrong with him, snatched away the book, and brought it to me to read/sing to him.  It was so funny--even Carlos was amused!  Sebastian also said his first Spanish word the other day: "Hola"!

Anyway, now I'm actually excited to read to them instead of just going through the motions because I know it's good for them and I have to keep at it (even though before they had no interest or idea what I was reading to them).  What a breakthrough!!!!!!!!  I'm so excited!

No comments: