Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Fun

I've been so busy lately, and I'm not happy about it!  Mostly, I'm bothered by being busy because Milton work is taking away from my fun time!  I've also been occupied with other "secret" projects that I'll blog about later.  In any event, after returning home from Mexico, I felt very behind on my summer work (letter prep and writing for Milton), and felt the need to spend the boys' naptime and a few evenings after they are in bed on my letters.  I hate doing that instead of blogging or reading a book for pleasure.  

Last week the weather was stellar.  Not too hot, not too cool, and not too humid.  We went to my mom's a few times to hang out and visit the piggy in the garden that the boys love so much.  They also love walking around the rest of her yard exploring.  The visit the bunnies, the frogs, the birds, etc. (or statues of them!  Sometimes they see real bunnies or birds, though!)



At home, we've been using the bike trailer much more.  I finally got them to enjoy riding in it.  They are even pretty good about wearing their "special hats."  The other day, I did about 6 loops around the neighborhood before I looked back and realized they were both asleep in the trailer!  Wish I had taken a photo!
Yes, Adrian's helmet is a bit lopsided.  Oops.





Back at Mugie's.  Snack time before her annual family cookout.


Mugie pulled out the Fisher Price plane set she found out for the trash!  It works just fine and is very expensive new.  The boys are mesmerized by it, but it's actually pretty dumb.  The plane just goes around and around on the track.  Complete waste of money--unless it's free!  ;-)


Christian and my Auntie Carol brought the best toys of all.  This was Christian's race car set when he was little.  The boys loved it (I think Carlos loved it more than they did, though).


And best of all, they brought the boys a play kitchen!  This is probably the nicest kitchen I've ever seen for toddlers, and the best part is, both sides of it are useable.  So both boys can play with it at the same time.  They got right to work "cooking."






Nana Banana enjoyed a few minutes of holding Baby James.  Look at that baby's face!  So adorable!





Back at home, Adrian keeps me entertained with his funny antics.  He loves to take his giraffes and stand them up on the Home Depot truck.  He puts on on the steering wheel and the other one on the seat.  Then, he pushes them around.  Sometimes he tries to climb on the seat after placing the giraffes, and they fall off.  He diligently gets up and tries again.  He has a lot of patience!






Carlos has been keeping busy with Christian's old racetrack.


And the boys are at it cooking again!


Sebastian likes to run around naked while Carlos is dressing Adrian after their bath.  Nothing like reading in your birthday suit, huh, Sebastian?!

And Adrian steals Sebastian's monkey (on loan from Mugie) and Carlos attaches it to him like this...So silly!

This is Adrian practicing sitting on the potty with the monkey attached!

Today to get out of the house, I met my dad and brother to go to Webb State Park in Weymouth.  It's beautiful, and I wish I'd known about it sooner!  You get great views of Boston and the bay all around you.  The loop is relatively short, but good enough.  After we walked we let the boys stretch their legs. They had fun running around near the entrance to the park.







That's all the fun I can handle for now!

No comments: