Sunday, August 11, 2013

Meditech Picnic and Beach Day!

Yesterday was the annual Meditech Picnic.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  Couldn't have been a better day!!!  I wish I'd taken more pictures, but we were so busy with the boys, there wasn't time!  The first thing we did when we got there was go get our free gifts for the boys.  This year they were giving out LL Bean backpacks!  We got a nice red one and a blue one--to be put aside for when the boys are older and can use them.  Awesome!  Then we got our IDs checked so we could drink.  Priorities!  

Then we took pictures in the photobooth--they came out so-so.  We got the boys' pictures taken (they didn't come out that good) and got them temporary tatoos.  Adrian got one of Blue from Blues Clues and Sebastian got a monkey (I picked them...).  Then, we rode the carosel.  Adrian LOVED it.  I thought I had more pictures of him...maybe I didn't actually snap them?  Anyway, he literally squealed with delight as the horse went up and down.  Sebastian didn't like it as much.  About half way through, Carlos moved with him to the benches that don't go up and down.



Then we walked around looking for our friends and went to eat.  Carlos ate 2 lobsters there and brought 4 home in a cooler.  Poor Sebastian got sprayed with lobster juice as he sat in Carlos's lap!  The boys ate mostly french fries.  :-(  After we ate we found Larry, the owner of the company that got us upgraded to first class on the trip to Mexico.  We talked to him for a few minutes to report on the trip and thank him for what he did.  What a nice guy!!  We got to the picnic at 10 and left at 12:30.  It was a short day, but the boys were in need of a nap, and they were really too little for most of what was going on around them.  I think they will be more into it next year.

When we left, we knew the boys were going to fall asleep right away.  So we made a spur of the moment decision to go to Hull.  We drove slowly and let the boys sleep as much as possible on the way there.  Then we went to the beach!

I still miss Lexi like crazy and wish she were with us, but yesterday, for the first time, I felt the freedom of not having a dog.  We wouldn't have been able to go from the picnic to Hull if she were still with us.  We would have had to go home to take her out.  So that was nice, but I still think about her all the time and miss her.  I think about how much the boys are missing out now that she's not there to love them and take care of them.  I think animals teach kids a lot about life, growing up, and how to treat living things, and I am sad that we won't have a dog so they learn these lessons.  But I don't plan on getting another dog ever again.  Too much work and commitment.  And I don't think I'd love another dog the way I loved my stinky Lexi.  How did I get so off topic?  Back to Hull.

As usual, Adrian was off and running towards the water.  He LOVES the beach.

He did a lot of ballet leg!








Just like the last time I was at the beach with the boys, Sebastian HATED it for the first 20 minutes or so.  He cried and fussed and stomped.  Just as I was about to give up, he changed his mind and decided to like it.





















The boys were fascinated with the shells...they kept scooping up sand and water and dumping it and throwing it.




What a great day!  I hope we can get one more beach day in at some point before the end of the season.  I do look forward to future years with the boys in Hull when they will appreciate it more and we can stay over and make more of a vacation of it.


No comments: