Thursday, August 22, 2013

Splash Pad in Hyde Park

Yesterday after naps, the boys and I met Terri, my colleague at Milton, for an afternoon of fun with her son Omar at the Splash Pad/playground in Hyde Park on Wakefield Ave.  It was AWESOME.  It's clean, well-maintained, big, not too crowded, and best of all, **FREE**.

The boys ran around in the water for a while--they are not afraid of it at all anymore--and then got interested in a patch of grass near the exit that was also near a stone wall.  I don't know what they saw that was so amazing out there with so much fun to be had in the splash pad, but I had to spend a half hour with them while they picked up acorns and sticks so they wouldn't fall off the wall, run out the gate, or sneak into the nearby port-a-potties.  That was fun.  Eventually, they got interested in the water again, thank God!

I would definitely go back there.  There is a big kid and toddler playground right next door that we didn't even get to.






No comments: