Thursday, August 15, 2013

Francis William Bird Park and Davis Farmland

This has been a busy, fun-filled week!  That's a great way to feel given I have only one more week off with the boys after this one...this summer absolutely flew by.  I knew it would, but it was even faster than I expected.  I am sad to go back to work and leave them.  I have enjoyed my time with them.  But I'm also excited to start things with Natalie and see how it goes without them in daycare.  I'm afraid the month of September will be challenging.  They will be back in daycare full time again, but just for one month.  (Natalie starts October 1).  It's just enough time to get them off the nice sleep and nap schedule I've developed over the summer and back into the daycare routine, and then we just have to pull them out and start all over at home again.  But in the end, I think it will be well worth it.  I hope they aren't too sick in September either because September is one of the worst times to have to take time off since there's so much going on at the start of school I have to be at.

Anyway, back to the fun stuff.  Yesterday afternoon the boys and I hopped in the car for a drive to Walpole to the Francis William Bird Park.  I found it online and it looked like fun.  It was an easy drive, although a bit far for what it ended up being.  It was a nice green space with a toddler playground and paved paths, but it wasn't amazingly beautiful or special.  Still, I'm glad I checked it out.
















Today was awesome.  We met Michelle, Luke, and Abby for an adventure at Davis Farmland in Sterling.  It's a hike and it's not cheap, but it was worth it as a once-a-year kind of thing.  We got there at 9:30, right when it opened.  I love doing things with Michelle because we are on the same page in terms of how to do things!  We beat the crowds and got to do everything before there were too many kids.

We started with the animals.  The boys LOVED chasing after the chickens and goats and feeding the animals and brushing them, too.


















After the animals, we hit the water table and "fishing" pond.




Then a small playground...




Then we ate.  The food was not very good and was way overpriced.  Next time I'll pack a lunch--I should have done that anyway!  :(

After we ate, we went to the splash park.  The boys loved that, too!!!






Luke and Abby were patient and helpful with the boys.  They set a good example of how to do everything, which was great because the boys followed their lead.   It was a really nice day!




No comments: