Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Weekend Full of Visitors!

I will keep this short because I have no photos to post with it!  What an idiot!

This past weekend was busy busy busy with entertaining at our house.  It was so nice to have guests over, and even nicer not to have to worry about the lady downstairs.  We could make all the noise we wanted.

After almost a year, we finally got both NICU nurses to come over again.  We've missed them terribly!!!!!  The last time we saw them at home was in our condo in Watertown in late September 2012.  We saw them in December 2012 when I took one of the boys to Children's, we had lunch with them in January at the Yard House in Legacy Place, and Judy came to my birthday party in April. But it had been way too long since we got to see both of our favorite nurses together in a relaxed atmosphere.  They came around 5:30 on Saturday so they could spend some time with the boys before they go to bed at 7, and since they go to bed pretty early, it gave us a few hours to catch up, eat, and drink with them.  I'm so incredibly grateful that we still see them and that they are still a part of our lives.  When they used to come over, it was like 10 minutes away for Marcy to visit Watertown, and farther for Judy, but not so bad.  Now, it's about 45 min-an hour for both of them.  I'm happy they made the drive down.  I know I'm a broken record, but the period I was in the hospital and the boys were in the NICU was a miraculous, strangely wonderful time.  Miracles literally did occur for us, and I can't help but adore everyone who was a part of the experience, and especially the two women who took care of those fragile little preemies with such care and love.  I wish we had taken a group picture.  I don't know what we were thinking.

Sunday our friends Gloria and Jose came over for an early dinner.  We played with the boys and then had chips and salsa, steak, chicken (Jose's), quinoa salad (Gloria's), green salad, couscous, and corn on the cob.  It was delicious, and so nice to see them again!  Thanks for coming, Primos!!!




No comments: