Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Yard Work Never Ends

This isn't a very exciting post.  After all, how exciting or interesting can yard work be?  But I felt pretty darn excited when I rid our walkways of crab grass and other terrible weeds.  Why did I let it get this bad???  



Here it is after!  I didn't even bother to sweep away the dirt.  I was too tired, my neck was too sore, and the bugs were starting to feast.




I also dug the grass out of this corner of the porch.  There used to be tree stumps there.  After the guy took the tree down in the front yard, Carlos had him grind a few more stumps around the yard in awkward places.  Then, Carlos put down loam and seed.  That was fine for most of the areas the stumps were, but not here!  It looked weird having mulch and plants everywhere except the two corners.  So finally I went out and pulled up the grass.  There is alone blueberry bush in the dirt--can you find it?  I planted it earlier this season and it's not doing so well.  But at least it's not dead like most things I plant.


Next step: plant 3 different colored mums and mulch it!

No comments: