Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bath Time!

Today was fun--we bathed both boys for the first time.  No surprise, Adrian took to it better than Sebastian, who wailed a bit at the beginning and then settled down when he realized it was inevitable.  Judy, the nurse who is taking care of the boys all weekend (during the day) while Marcy their regular nurse is off, helped us through it.  We are so lucky to have Judy and Marcy!

I'm petrified of dropping Sebastian into the water!

Look at the swirl in his hair...


All clean.  He looks so annoyed at us for putting him through a good cleaning!

Could he be any cuter?  I don't think so.
Sebastian.  



Asleep after the bath.

Adrian's turn...
Putting on a clean diaper after the bath.

Um, I'm making sure his peepee is downwards...




After bath time, I breast fed each boy for a bit.  Sebastian screamed at first and was unhappy as anything.  It was strange given he's the one that usually shows interest in his pacifier and seems to want to breast feed.  Then, all of a sudden, there was a weird noise and then a really bad smell....His stomach was making some terrible grumbling.  Then he pooped a really awful stinky poop.  Right after we had just cleaned him!  The funniest part was that he looked at us like it was US!!  He actually gave us a dirty look, like he couldn't stand the smell and wondered why we'd be so rude as to poop around his highness.  It was so funny!!  After his poop, he must have felt 100x better because then he went at his eating and did pretty well.  Progress!!!

Adrian was equally as funny with his bath.  He totally did a little poop IN the water.  We had to finish his bath in a hurry!  He must have felt better too, because he also did some nice feeding after his bath.  This is all exciting for us because it means they are on the right track to learning to eat without their feeding tubes, which is necessary for them to come home.

If you notice in the pictures, I have a really pretty heart necklace on.  That was Carlos's gift to me the day I gave birth to Adrian and Sebastian.  It was an incredibly touching and thoughtful gift.  He picked the heart necklace at Tiffany's (I almost killed him at first when I heard where he bought it...then I fell in love with it and forgave him for spending what must have been a fortune.) because when I was on bed rest I had the Non Stress Test to listen to the boys' heart rates every day.  It was an integral part of our daily routine.  The long heart is for Adrian, the oldest and the biggest, and the shorter heart is for Sebastian, the youngest and the smallest.  He also had the necklace engraved with their initials.  I could not have loved a present more because of the thought he put into it.

Today was the first time I've worn the necklace because he had to take it back to Tiffany's after he gave it to me to have it sent away to be engraved.  We just picked up the finished product today.  Actually, it was very funny because when we walked into Tiffany's, it was incredibly busy.  But the two sales ladies who had originally helped him pick it out were all excited to see Carlos and congratulate me on the birth of our twins.  They even remembered his name...That's the advantage to being with Carlos!  He makes friends with EVERYONE and then we get great treatment!  Anyway, the necklace is beautiful and I love having a reminder of my boys so close to my own heart when they are not at home with us.

2 comments:

Rumfordteapot said...

Hello Love & Spice,
Congratulations!
I'm Jay Frails (MT). I met you at Peters Cook out. What a wonderful message. Tears are running down my face. This was so touching I can't stop my tears. Carlos is a wonderful spirit. He makes me smile so I can only imagine what happyness he brings to you. The babies are so cute. Enjoy every moment with them. They will grow so fast this will all be a blurr.

Jonah and Aja said...

They are SO gorgeous. I love the perfect little cowlick on Sebastian's head. You look amazing, too. I almost thought you were one of the nurses because you don't look like you just gave birth!
I love these blog posts!
-Aja