Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nursery

Here are the long-awaited pictures of the nursery.  It was almost ready before I ended up in the hospital, but there was still some organizing and picture-hanging which needed to be done when I got home.  Actually, we still haven't hung the pictures and other things we want up, but that's a project for the weekend, and I didn't want to delay the photos any further.
View from the doorway

These paintings were done by my comadre (good friend) Yolanda in Mexico.  They lived in our neighborhood when we bought the house in Guadalupe.  She made this of Carlos and me walking Lexi around the park in the neighborhood.  I've always loved the painting, and I think I finally found the perfect spot for it.  Mil gracias, Comadre!!!  A los niños les va a encantar!



We found the chair for $25 and the ottoman for free...Mom made the cushions!!   She also made the "Baby Shower" pillow from an embroidered napkin my mother-in-law sent.  Nana made the afghan.

Still needs some organization, but it's getting there.  Look at all the books these kids have already!  (Although some are pregnancy/baby books for me.)


The cribs came from my mother-in-law.  Gracias, Señora Gloria!!  We love them.  They turn into daybeds and full beds later on, although at some point I dream of buying the little monkeys bunk beds...This is Sebastian's future bed.

The changing table came from our friend Michelle.  It's PERFECT for the space.  The boys are well stocked up on cloth diapers, swaddling blankets, sleep sacs, etc...

The other crib.  This will be Adrian's.  I should add that the bumpers are just for show.  They will be removed when the cribs are in use!
Ikea desk we found in the as-is section.  We added the topper for more storage.  I love it!  We just need a small chair for it now.  The white boxes on the floor contain beautiful frames that are from my mom's friend Linda (Thank you, Linda!), and they are gorgeous.  They have spots to put monthly or yearly photos of each boy.  They will go over the desk.  Hopefully we'll hang them this weekend.  The rest of the stuff under the desk I have yet to find storage for...
Close up of the fabric we planned the room around.  My mom made it all--curtains, chair cushions, sheets, dust ruffle, quilt, etc.  All in coordinating fabrics that she helped me pick out.  I love it!!!




1 comment:

Jonah and Aja said...

This nursery is SO awesome... and it's ORANGE! Glad to know things haven't changed. I also love the stroller from the next post. Nice score!
-Aja