Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

It would have been lovely to have our boys with us for Christmas, but at the same time, it was nice to have a nice night out with the family.  If one or both of the boys had been home, we would not have been able to make the trip to my Aunt's in Amesbury.  I think they recommend not taking the babies for long rides in the car until they are 40+ weeks, even if they send them home before that.  It was super hard, though, to leave them at the hospital yesterday.  Even though they have no idea that it's Christmas, Carlos and I did, and it was painful to put them down and leave them.

Christmas Eve at my Auntie Carol's is always awesome.  She makes delicious food, and the highlight of the feast every year is her lobster pie.  It's probably the most decadent thing I've ever eaten.  Carlos dreams about it all year.  Literally.  For the past two years, she's made him his own individual sized lobster pie!  This year, the rest of the menu was beef tenderloin, a hot tortellini "salad," asparagus, rice pilaf, and red velvet cake for dessert.  And I'm not even mentioning the array of appetizers she put out!


I had already published the blog with the photo of me and my Nana below. As I was giving the published blog a glance, I noticed something in this photo and had to come back and edit the post.  I now know where Sebastian got his "Satan Swirl"/Cute boy curl from...look closely at Nana!

Me and Nana Banana, who is now a great-grandmother!!!  She looks to good to be a great-grandma!

Baby toys from my cousin Christian.

Overall sets from my Auntie Carol.  I love that the overalls are the same but the shirts are different.  I'm into almost the same, but not matching for my boys!  

These are the cutest hats ever.  They have little ears on the top of them if you look closely.

My mom knit them both sock money hats.  All the adults in the room wanted these hats too.  My mom has her work cut out for her!

Each boy got an enormous stuffed elephant with his name and birthdate on the ears from my Auntie Mimi.  

After the festivities at my Auntie Carol's house, we came home and hit the party going on downstairs at our neighbor's house.  This is the same neighbor we were fighting with last fall and Christmas.  I am so thankful that we are getting along now.  We actually genuinely like each other now!  What a difference a year can make!  I went down only quickly because I was exhausted, but Carlos stayed a while and schmoozed with all the Latinos and ate Ecuadorian and Argentinian food.

Christmas morning I usually host a nice brunch for the family.  This year things were up in the air because of the boys.  I actually bought all the stuff I needed to cook an egg casserole and potatoes, but by the time we got home last night, I was pooped and didn't prepare it ahead of time to sit in the fridge overnight like the recipe says.  In the end, it was just me and Carlos and my Dad so we ate a quick breakfast and went to the hospital to see the babies instead.  He got about 2 hours of time with Adrian, who seemed to love being held by his Grandpa again.




I was all up in poor Adrian's face taking pictures until he finally put his hand out and blocked me...


Sebastian

Sebastian




No comments: