Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Elves

Last night was a big night for the boys--they graduated to the intermediate NICU!!!  It's a matter of time now before they will be big enough to transfer to an area hospital (Newton-Wellesley or Mt. Auburn) if we want them to.  This is a tough, tough, TOUGH decision for us.  We love the Brigham so MUCH and feel so indebted, it's torturous to think about taking them away from the best hospital for preemie care in the country.  At the same time, they won't need that advanced care anymore, and being close by to the house will help me get over there more often for feedings etc.  I just hate to leave our primary NICU nurse, Marcy.  She's wonderful.  If we had the money, we'd build the new NICU unit that they are hoping to create and name it after her.  We love her THAT much.

Here are some cute pictures of Marcy with the boys.  Someone donated these adorable hats to the NICU, and she grabbed two, one for each of the boys.  They looked so funny in them...


Marcy with Adrian.  Too bad you can't see the pom-pom on the top of his hat...
Marcy with Sebastian.  I can't tell if that's his Buddha pose or his Italian heritage showing through.

I love this hat so much...

He'll probably sound like Darth Vader when he's bigger and asleep.  Just like me.  Poor guy.




1 comment:

Christine Silva said...

Amy, they are getting big!! Glad you and your boys are well! I get daily updates from Carlos. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to meet them!