Saturday, December 3, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It's been so nice being at home again after 40+ days in the hospital.  My mom came and stayed with us for Wednesday night to Thursday to help me straighten up the house, clean, and organize things in the boys' room.  She also brought a ton of food and helped me cook meals.  It was a huge help, and so nice to have her here.

I'm recovering well from the births.  I'm now completely off the pain meds, and although I'm sore still, it's not bad.  I still kind of hobble instead of walking, but not too bad.

Yesterday, I held Sebastian and actually put him to my breast to see what he'd do.  He really goes at his pacifier, so we all had high expectations, and the little boob man didn't disappoint!  He did pretty well with it!  His mouth or suction wasn't strong enough to get more than a few pulls at a time, but the nurse was impressed he did it at all for his gestational age.  Carlos had Adrian, but he sleeps all the time and doesn't seem to have much interest it boobs yet.  However, he's fattening up nicely because he DOES sleep all the time!
Carlos and Adrian 
I don't know how he could sleep with all that hair on his face...

Today, Carlos and I went for breakfast at our local diner, a weekend tradition that will soon probably come to an end.  Then we went to Target to buy a few odds and ends and to Babies R Us to buy a few last minute things that we need.  Then nap time before going to see the babies. Oh and there was a lot of milk pumping in between.

Tonight, I took Adrian and Carlos took Sebastian.  They both were fast asleep nuzzled up against us for an hour and a half.  Then, when it was time to put them back in their incubators, they both decided to wake up.  Adrian opened his eyes and REALLY looked at us for the first time.  He looks AMAZINGLY similar to Sebastian with his eyes open--only chunkier!  ;)  Sebastian started to cry until we put his pacifier in--and he went to town with it.  No surprise.  It was hard to leave them tonight since they were both awake and eyes open in their little beds when we left.  I did one last peek under the blanket that covers the incubator before we left and each was quiet, but awake.  It broke my heart!!

Word is they may be ready to move to the intermediate NICU soon....

Carlos and I weren't going to put up a tree this year--too much work and not enough time at home to put it up or take it down.  But we finally caved and just bought a small one that wouldn't be a hassle to manage.  The boys need a tree just in case they are home for Christmas...
Crappy picture, but there's the tree. 
We are not so adept with a camera OR the timer.  Note Lexi trying to get in on the action.

No comments: