Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Progress...

We went into the NICU yesterday to find a big surprise--Adrian is now out of his isolette.  Jill, the night nurse, made the change.  And, both boys had taken their bottles all day from Judy.  My first reaction was GREAT!  My second reaction was WAIT--they can't go home until Marcy comes back!!!  Or it at least has to be Monday when Judy is back with them again.  We'll see.  They still have at least a few more days to go.

Here he is--Adrian in his big boy crib!

Proud Papi
The "little monkey" outfits came from Cousin Nancy and Aunt Natalie!  Thanks, Nancy and Aunt Nat!!  They looked so cute in them!!!



Carlos changed both boys' diapers yesterday, and I actually complimented him on what a great job he did--or it looked like it anyway.  Well, he was kangarooing with Sebastian, when all of a sudden the little guy peed all over him!!!!  So much for the diaper job!!  Then, about a minute later, he peed again on him....Carlos was so wet he had to take off his undershirt and put his button down shirt back on without it.  I couldn't contain my laughter....I'm sure I'll get peed on too, but I had an exploding poop from Adrian not too long ago, so now we're even!!

On an unrelated note, our Betta fish Cantinflas died this weekend.  I didn't even notice until yesterday.  I was at the computer and looked over at his bowl.  He wasn't hiding as he sometimes does....Carlos swears he told me that the fish died this weekend when he went to clean out Cantinflas's bowl. But I somehow missed the news!!  I'm so hormonal I actually was in tears about the fish.  Poor guy.

2 comments:

Christine Silva said...

They are getting soooo big! I love the pictures. Pretty soon they will both be home! Wishing you and Carlos a very merry Christmas and an amazing 2012! It will be filled with more joy than you can ever imagine!

Jonah and Aja said...

So sad about the fish...

those boys are SO cute!