Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Feeding

Unfortunately, I don't have any recent pictures to liven this post up.  So I'll keep it short.  Jill, one of the boys' regular night nurses, actually took some adorable pictures of the boys together and left them as a surprise for us, but I have to find a way to scan them so I can put them online.  You can already see their distinct personalities from the photos of them together....

For the past two nights, we've made great progress with these little guys in terms of feeding.  Sebastian took his first full bottle for Marcy yesterday. (Adrian had already done that.) Yeah!!!!  Both boys have also been doing ok with breast feeding as well.  However, they are still a ways away from getting all of their feeding without a feeding tube.  They need more consistency in terms of taking a bottle EVERY day, not just when they feel like it.  But we're getting there.

Yesterday I brought some homemade bread and Grandma's famous graham cracker fudge to the NICU nurses and the 8th floor nurses who took care of me while I was on bed rest.  The NICU nurses devoured the bread right away and loved it.  It is a small detail, but I'm happy to do ANYTHING I can for these wonderful people who take such good care of all of us!  Then we went to the 8th floor to deliver the rest of the goods.  I was thrilled that I finally got to see my favorite nurse Cathy who was out on vacation when I went into labor and was discharged from the hospital.  It actually was really bothering me that I didn't get to see her and thank her before I left.  So I was so happy to see her last night.  I think it was meant to be because in my whole time in the hospital I'd never had her as a night nurse, and she was on the night shift last night.

Well, that's all for now.  I hope to have more pictures soon, but I'm at the point that I'm dying to take pictures of them outside of the NICU, with all of their cute clothes that we have for them, and without feeding tubes in their noses.  There will be no shortage of pictures once they are home...

No comments: