Thursday, December 22, 2011

Two steps forward, one step back

Both boys' circumcisions went well.  Enough about that topic.  (I was nervous about this all day...)

I gave Sebastian a bottle for the first time tonight.  He drank most but not all of it.  Also, both boys had their feeding tubes back in today.  Technically, this is a step backward for both boys.  But honestly, I was glad to see it.  I don't think they were ready to have them taken out yet or to come home this weekend,  Adrian especially since he was still choking on this bottle for the nurse today.  I'm in no hurry to have them home before they are ready--I don't want them not finishing their bottles or choking on me.

Apparently, in Adrian's case, the problem solves itself--it's not necessarily about training them to take a bottle properly.  One day soon, he will simply be mature enough to coordinate his drinking, breathing, and swallowing.  It will probably happen all of a sudden and perhaps overnight from one day to the next.  They are still talking about him probably going home next week.  By then, Sebastian may very well be ready too and our regular nurses will probably be back.  So things happen for a reason.  We'll see!

Tomorrow, if I have a chance, I'll post some pictures of ultrasounds (which are funny for me to look at now!) and the baby shower.

Carlos and Sebastian.

Sebastian



Sebastian



Adrian



1 comment:

Jonah and Aja said...

Thank you so much for blogging so often... I love these posts and love seeing these little guys. And its nice to see Carlos, too. :)

-Aja